this post discusses in excess of 12 Ways to Care for a Campbell’s Hamster
be sure to go through and hear slowly but surely thus that by yourself understand and can be made use of in the direction of your daily lifestyle.
Farming a Campbell hamster is actually quite easy and far from expensive, you can get a hamster for less than fifty rupees. Care and feeding are also easy.
The same goes for Campbell hamster animals. Campbell’s hamsters can be found in Central Asia in the Altay Mountains and in Heilungkiang and Hebei provinces in northeastern China.
Campbell’s hamster animals are tropical animals and are most often found in dry areas such as grasslands, deserts, and semi-deserts and live in groups. When raising a Campbell’s hamster, you need to prepare for its living needs in advance and ensure that it gets a healthy quality of life, is stress-free, cheerful, and disease-free. The next 12 Ways to Care for a Campbell’s Hamster.
1. Preparing the cage
Make sure that the distance between the bars of one iron and the other is not too thin and strong because rodents can flatten out through the gaps in the bars of iron that are too thin. In addition to the cage of bars, you can keep it in a tall aquarium with a lid and on it using ram wire so that it does not jump because these animals are very agile and agile. (Also read about how to care for a winter white hamster)
Many hamster cages have been sold on the market that are unique, diverse, and cute. Buddy can choose a hamster cage that suits your hamster’s needs. Don’t forget to prepare a clean cage and plenty of toys. (Also read about how to care for pregnant hamsters)
2. Preparing the Sawdust
You can get wood powder easily, in addition to local powder, there is also imported powder at a more expensive price. Imported sawdust contains drier, dust-free, cleaner, whiter, chemical-free water. (Also read about colony hamster cattle)
So that it can ensure the health of the Campbell’s hamster animal and beautify the fur because wet media can damage the fur of the Campbell’s hamster animal. A good thickness of sawdust is about 2 to 3 cm from the bottom of the cage. Functions of sawdust include: (Also read about giving fish oil to hamsters)
- Like bedding.
- As an absorbent medium for Campbell’s hamster urine.
- As a shelter from heat and cold.
- As material to make nests (also read about tips for caring for hamsters)
3. Feeding Campbell’s Hamsters
Avoid giving too much food that contains fat. Feed veggies like bean sprouts, carrots, corn, or radicchio as a snack. Provide various types of food to meet nutritional needs and not to get bored quickly and maintain appetite for food.
Because the Campbell’s hamster is a rodent in which hamster teeth can grow long every day, hamsters need to sharpen their teeth so they don’t grow any longer. The main food of the Campbell hamster animal is the dry seeds that are needed according to the natural anatomy of the hamster.
and also to sharpen hamster teeth. Campbell’s hamsters that are not fed dry grains will be uncomfortable, so it can trigger the aggressive or ferocious nature of Campbell’s hamsters.
4. The best feed ingredients
In addition, the main needs of Campbell’s hamsters must also be covered in the form of Proteins, Carbohydrates, Fats, Vitamins, Minerals and Water and in general they are fed between 10 to 12 grams/day. With feed ingredients made from:
- mung bean
- walnut kernels
- Cowpea / tolo bean
- Sorghum (Sorghum spp.)
- Sunflower seed
5. Campbell’s Hamster Mating
This Campbell’s hamster animal can be bred when it is at least 3 months old, as is common with other hamster animals. With the fertile period of the Campbell hamster animal every 3 days. Try to make the age of the male Campbell hamster older than the age of the female Campbell hamster. The average body length of a Campbell’s hamster is ± 9 to 12 cm.
6. To make hamsters want to mate
How to breed this Campbell’s hamster animal is to prepare a cage box for a pair of Campbell’s hamster animals, and then enter the male Campbell’s hamster animal first only for 48 hours after you enter the female Campbell’s hamster animal which is ready to be raised. The male Campbell hamster will marry the female Campbell hamster animal after smelling it, especially the female genitalia. The gestation period of this Campbell hamster is ±15 to 20 days.
7. Make sure the cage is always clean
In order for your Campbell hamster animal to be away from illness, to have a beautiful and fragrant coat, the cleanliness of the cage should attract your attention. In addition to having a beautiful and healthy coat, a clean cage can prevent your Campbell hamster from suffering from lung diseases, skin diseases, stress, loss of appetite, bacterial and parasitic infections, etc.
8. Stay away from predators
Campbell’s hamster animals have many natural enemies, including cats, dogs, and predatory birds. Keep these predators away by placing the cage in a concealed spot so the Campbell’s hamster doesn’t escape.
9. Caring for Baby Campbell’s Hamsters
If the baby Campbell’s hamster is red or pink, it means the Campbell’s hamster is alive and well. But if blue can be determined, the baby is dead. Campbell’s hamster baby’s eyes are always closed due to glare to see light.
- On the first day, the baby Campbell hamster will be suckled very often by its mother.
- Avoid mixing male Campbell hamsters in the same cage as baby Campbell hamsters because Campbell hamsters are cannibalistic. Separate the mother from the male father since pregnancy.
- Avoid touching the baby because the smell of your hands can remove the smell that is the baby’s identity and will be considered a threat by the mother. The mother will leave the baby and will not take care of it, even the baby hamster can be fed by the mother.
- Wait until 3 weeks of age to be able to hold a baby Campbell hamster.
- Avoid touching the Campbell’s mother hamster that has just given birth because the Campbell’s mother hamster will feel stressed and may kill her offspring.
- Avoid cleaning the cage first for the next 1-2 weeks until the Campbell’s hamster pups are really strong, so try to get really clean before you give birth.
- Avoid observing the Campbell’s hamster too often because the mother can smell the mother’s body odor and make her feel threatened and stressed.
- In their natural habitat, the mother Campbell’s hamster will keep her young in a dark place and away from the slightest disturbance.
- Feed and drink very carefully and slowly with larger portions over a long period of time so as not to be disturbed too often for about 2 weeks.
10. Things to pay attention to
- Make sure your family members are not allergic to furry animals, especially Campbell’s hamsters, and have the same love for Campbell’s hamsters.
- Obtain a Campbell hamster from a reputable pet store or breeder to ensure the health and offspring of a Campbell hamster. So you can be sure that you will find that the health of the Campbell hamster animal is good and not disabled.
- Adjust the type of animal of the Campbell hamster with the budget you have.
- Determine the purpose of keeping a Campbell’s hamster animal. Just a hobby or to breed.
- Complementing Campbell’s hamster animal equipment before you buy, such as a barn cage or aquarium.
- This type of Campbell has the title of a ferocious Campbell hamster animal, because he does not know the smell of a friend. After a few days of getting to know your friend, he will stop biting.
- Take Campbell’s hamster outside to play to reduce stress.
11. Advantages of raising Campbell’s hamsters
- This type of Campbell hamster animal has a wide variety of colors and coat types.
- Very active and likes to play, suitable for playmates.
- Maintenance is easy.
12. Campbell’s Hamster Disadvantages
- Aggressive and can bite until it bleeds.
- hard to tame
The Campbell’s hamster animal is the most active and aggressive of the Campbell’s hamsters, which is why it has the nickname “Mad Campbell’s hamster animal” because it likes to bite someone it doesn’t know the smell of. the mean age for male Campbell hamsters was 278 days and 365 days for female Campbell hamsters.
Well friend that’s all about how to care for a Campbell hamster, I hope you find it useful, see you in the next article, thanks.
that is the short article over 12 Ways to Care for a Campbell’s Hamster
may possibly be informative for all of your self. do not overlook in the direction of proportion it on social media hence your good friends notice over it.