this write-up discusses with regards to 5 types of lizards that are rarely known
please read and pay attention slowly as a result that your self have an understanding of and can be utilized in direction of your each day life.
The lizard is one of the animals belonging to the species of insectivorous animal that has the ability to crawl up walls and trees. In this world it turns out that there are many types of lizards that are not known or realized by many people.
Well, this time, we are going to talk about various types of lizards that you may have come across often but may not recognize. Curious what kind of lizard in question is it? Let’s see the answer below.
1. Wall of lizards
The first type of lizard is the wall lizard or with the Latin name Cosymbotus Platyrus. You can often find this wall lizard in houses and buildings around villages, where these animals feed on various types of small insects around where they are found.
These lizards are undoubtedly quite beneficial to have at home, as they also feed on mosquitoes that pass near them. Also, some bird lovers even use it as a traditional herb to make magpie gacor.
Apart from the things and benefits of the temboh lizard, here are some general characteristics of the wall lizard or wall lizard that you should know:
- This lizard has a total length of 13.5 cm, of which almost half of this length is part of the tail.
- The shape of the tail of this lizard is flattened and conical at the end.
- The skin is clean compared to the wood lizard.
- It has a gray to brown color.
- If you look closely, this wall lizard has narrow tufts of skin along the sides of its body, the back edges of its hands and feet, and on the sides of its tail.
- The tassels on the lizard’s tail are soft, spine-like protrusions that line the tip of the tail.
- On the side of the abdomen (ventral) there is a yellowish or whitish color
2. Wood Lizard
This wood lizard or tree lizard has the Latin name Hemidactylus Frenatus. This animal actually has a natural habitat in the woods or forests, but it is not uncommon to find these lizards on the walls of the house or in the trees of the patio.
You can find this wooden lizard around the house, to be precise on the wooden parts of the house, like the roof and the pillars of the wooden house. So if this type of lizard is in conjunction with a wall lizard, then they will not compete for prey.
Usually for this wood lizard, it is often sought after and used as food for rainbow snake pups so that they can grow fast and have high stamina. And here are the characteristics of the wood lizard that you should know:
- This wooden lizard has a total length of up to 12 cm.
- This lizard has a short snout.
- The back of the wood lizard is whitish grey, mottled and even blackish, this makes it easy for them to camouflage when perched on a tree/wood
- The belly color of this wood lizard is white or slightly yellowish.
- The shape of the tail of this wood lizard is rounded and it has 6 rows of soft skin spines.
- This wood lizard does not have tufts of skin on the sides of the body or on the legs.
- It has nodules that are arranged in fairly long rows.
- The wood lizard has scales in the form of fine round points on the back, the size is not the same
- It has a pair of anal pores at the base of the tail behind the anus.
- It has 2 rows on each side of the body, from the waist to the hips, and there is 1 row above the hips.
- The tail color of this wood lizard is a bit of a reddish-orange on the underside towards the tip of the tail.
3. Sugar Lizard
As its name implies, this type of lizard is very fond of sugar, plus it also likes food sources of carbohydrates, one of which is rice. So if you often see a lizard in a cup of coffee, this animal could be the culprit.
Although it likes foods that contain carbohydrates, in fact, this sugar lizard still feeds on small insects like other species. For the male type, this lizard has a soft hissing sound that is used to attract the female.
You can often find these sugar lizards in your kitchen, closet, dining room table, and may even be on your work desk. This lizard has a shy character, where it prefers to hide and be alone.
In addition, they also include nocturnal animals that are more active at night, and perhaps out of panic they dock their tails as a form of protection. And for those of you who have kacer birds, then you can see the benefits of lizard tails for the following kacer birds.
And for some of the characteristics that can be understood for this type of sugar lizard, among them:
- Sugar lizards come in various sizes, ranging from 12 cm long to as small as less than 10 cm.
- There is no claw on the first finger or the last finger.
- He has a fat, short body, has freckles and transparent skin.
- The head shape has a short snout and bulging eyes.
- The back has a reddish-gray or yellowish color, it looks slightly transparent, there are fine pale yellowish to bluish-black spots.
- There are a series of small whitish specks or spots behind the eyeballs, over the ear canal, and on the nape of the neck.
- The color of the belly is whitish and it looks transparent.
- The paths in the skull and spine are barely visible.
- The tail is fat, flattened and has no spines/tufts of skin
- The base of the tail tapers like a hilt.
4. Stone Lizard
For this next type of lizard, it is often misunderstood by many people, due to its large size, many people think that this animal is a gecko. This stone lizard lives on the walls of houses or in trees, while what differentiates it from other species is its characteristic sound. The following are the characteristics of the stone lizard:
- It has the largest body size compared to lizard species in general.
- Has a big head
- The length of this stone lizard ibis reaches 34 cm.
- The posterior surface is rough and has large nodules.
5. Flying lizard
And the last time it was a flying lizard that has the Latin name Draco Volans. Compared to the lizard family, this animal is still more inclined towards lizard species, this animal can also often be found in plantations and forests.
These flying lizards often move by flying to hunt insects in the trees. Interestingly, these animals often lay their eggs on loose soil near trees. These are the characteristics of the flying lizard:
- The length can reach 20 cm.
- The wings of this animal are 6 pairs of skin-covered ribs.
- The upper part of the wings is yellow to orange and has black spots, while the lower part has a yellowish-grey color.
- The male has a yellow chin pouch and the female has a bright blue color.
- On the back of the head there is like a small crown.
- Flying lizards have the typical eyes of agamid lizards, which have thick, protruding eyelids.
- The back is brown to black to gray. This skin color can darken when it is
- The color of the belly of this animal is whitish-gray, slightly greenish on the sides of the midline of the body, then on the lateral side there is a brown dot
- The tail is one and a half times the length of the body, has a stripe at the end and strong keeled scales.
Enough of this lizard type review this time, I hope the previous review was helpful and can contribute to your understanding later. Also check out other discussions of examples of oviparous animals you need to recognize.
that’s the article pertaining to 5 types of lizards that are rarely known
could be useful for all of you. you should not neglect in direction of share it on social media thus your friends know over it.