What is separation anxiety in dogs?
Separation anxiety in dogs is a stressful state that our pets have in their absence. It happens when you are unable to manage loneliness. In addition, it can cause certain behavior problems.
- early weaning
- House change or abandonment
- You spend all day with your dog
- routine change
- Traumatic episode while alone at home
To prevent our dogs from suffering from separation anxiety, we’ve left you a few tips below.
- We don’t always have to give in to their calls for attention.
- Do not seek excessive contact and attention from our pets.
- We should try to get our pet to enjoy positive moments alone, such as giving him a stuffed toy in another room.
- Offer entertainment that does not require our presence, such as chewing bones or interactive toys.
- The first thing we must remember is that we must respect the space and tranquility of our pets at all times.
- If you’re teleworking at home, you’re better off in a different room.
- As much as possible we must always maintain the same routine so as not to become disorientated.
If you want to read more blogs about all kinds of animals, click this link.