this report discusses with regards to Semi-intensive cultivation of milkfish
you should examine and listen little by little so that yourself recognize and can be used to your everyday daily life.
Milkfish is certainly known as a fish that has a delicious meaty taste, affordable prices and high nutrition. It is not surprising that the milkfish has a high number of market shares because it is a fish that almost everyone likes.
The milkfish has also now been processed into a variety of special foods so that it is not boring and tastes different. The great demand for milkfish in the market is undoubtedly a potential field for fish farmers,
The fish that can be farmed in this pond can be farmed in traditional to modern ways. To maximize yields, milkfish can now be farmed using the latest technology, namely Semi-intensive cultivation of milkfish. How is the process and how to do it, let’s see in detail in the detailed review that the author transmits to us.
As an idea for the readers, before the author conveys the essence of farming, milkfish have a habit of eating during the day, in their natural habitat, milkfish feed on the seabed layer in the form of plankton or shrimp tiny, this is the basis for the cultivation of milkfish with semi-intensive technology, which is carried out as follows.
1. Basic Techniques and Location Requirements
Milkfish are easy to grow because they tend to adapt easily to new locations and are not susceptible to disease, however, milkfish farmers are still required to understand the basic techniques of semi-intensive farming and choose the best location. things to keep in mind are: (Also read about milkfish bait tips for beginners).
- The location is easily accessible from the place of transport or sale, safe from predators and away from the disposal of water.
- Prepare an embankment that is waterproof and does not leak.
- Make a wooden door.
- The semi-intensive technique must be carried out on soils with a good texture, that is, clay and slightly sandy embankments with a depth of about 50 cm. (Also read about how to grow milkfish ponds)
- If the pond location contains mud, the bottom of the pond should first be removed and washed.
- Dry the bottom of the pond for 7 to 14 days until the soil cracks, then remove the soil 10 to 20 cm to accelerate the oxidation of organic matter and remove toxic gases, as well as to eradicate pests and improve the structure. ground.
- The semi-intensive technique should be carried out with a soil pH of 7.0 to 8.0, if the pH is lower or higher, liming for a week. Next, fertilize the pond area. (Also read about how to feed milkfish).
- Introduce the water through the gate which has been given a filter slowly, let the natural food grow which is marked with a base of greenish soil before introducing the milkfish seeds.
2. Milkfish seeds and daily care
In the world of fish farming, milkfish seedlings are called nener, where quality must be considered so that the future has good growth and reduces the mortality rate. A good baby has the following characteristics:
- Healthy and without bodily defects.
- With agile movements, capable of going against the current, it responds when touched and responds when fed.
- Relative length 0.7 to 1 cm. (Also read about how to eradicate pests in milkfish ponds)
After obtaining the best seeds, distribute the seeds in the morning or evening when the air temperature is low, do it slowly so that the nener can adjust to the temperature and salinity of the pond. Place the bag of seeds over the pond and let the nener out on its own, indicating that it has been able to adapt to the new environment.
Feed the milkfish according to their preferences ie moss, algae and klekap, you can also add probiotics or vitamins to maximize the nutrition received and maximize body growth until the fish are fat and ready to be caught. (Also read about milkfish farming in canvas ponds
3. Growth Tracking
The development of nener depends on the density of sowing, in one hectare they can be sown with 1000 nener, the development of nener will be fast if the water is clear and there is a lot of plankton or klekap. Clear water doesn’t stop Nener from finding food. Nener must be able to control the environment for a month from storage.
Its behavior can be seen in the ability to accept the condition of the water and go against the current, if properly maintained, the development will certainly proceed normally. Things to keep in mind are:
- Growth of natural feed and growth of klekap.
- Supplemental feeding.
- Regulate irrigation water and water quality and maintain temperature.
Under normal conditions, the size of the nener for 1 month increases to 5 cm, at which time it is necessary to increase the feeding so that it can be harvested before 6 months of age.
4. Pest and disease prevention
If land preparation during early cultivation with semi-intensive techniques has been done properly and correctly, it is basically also an effort to eradicate pests and diseases from the start Level 20 ppm.
You can also use tuba roots fresh at 20 to 40 kg/ha, dry at 4 to 6 kg/ha, or processed into 5 ppm meal. The trick is to cut the tuba roots into small pieces and then soak them for 12 hours in a bucket filled with clean water, then put them into the pond evenly and slowly by sprinkling them, not pouring them directly into the pond.
5. Harvest and Postharvest
Once the milkfish has reached the size required by the market, which is 3 to 4 fish per kg, harvesting can be done gradually or selectively by slowly removing the water from the pond or using a water pump to suck up the water .
Generally, harvesting is done when the milkfish reaches 4 months of age. After harvest, the next step is to clean the milkfish with a feeber filled with ice chips. The fish is put in the feeber so that the freshness of the milkfish is always maintained during the period of transport to the market and in the hands of the buyer so that it feels fresh when enjoyed.
That is what the author can convey, I hope it is a quality perspective for other readers and becomes a quality guide and motivation to increase the productivity of milkfish farming, my friend every day. Thanks. Greetings.
that’s the write-up in excess of Semi-intensive cultivation of milkfish
could possibly be useful for all of on your own. don’t fail to remember in direction of proportion it upon social media so your friends comprehend relating to it.